Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I have my best ideas after I pray.

I realized that this morning. I got dressed and realized I had a 15 minute window of earliness. I had seen a bunch of cool posts on Facebook and had some work to do on the website I'm starting, so my first thought was to sit down and get going on those...and then I realized that that's exactly the behavior that's gotten me off my regular devotion in the morning. So, instead, I sat down and opened up James.

Afterward, I had three great ideas for the site and some beautiful inspiration for blog posts...and I know why. It's hard to be creative and come up with anything worth working on when your mind is cluttered. As much as I felt spending those 15 minutes with God instead of working on projects would have lost me precious development time, the exact opposite happened, and that's because I was relaxed. I sometimes forget that one of the many benefits of prayer is getting your mind off cares that you have absolutely no control over, and honestly even the ones you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment