Thursday, November 25, 2010

Make that Change

This blog has been quite a bit harder to maintain than my others. I can just put what I want over there, but this one...different ballgame. I feel like there's more to take into consideration.

I was sitting at my desk yesterday at work, thinking back on who I was when I started working. There's no way I would have thought I'd still be with the same company 7 years later, and yet, I am. Same job, same living situation, same church...and yet things seem so different. I've changed a lot as a person, as a friend, in my walk with God, financially, as an employee, physically...just all around. Looking back on the process of change that God's been working me through, I'm coming to have better perspective on the need for patience in the Christian life. 

Patience isn't just waiting on God to bring you something or do something. Sure, sometimes it is, but, at least in my life, it's most frequently been following patiently as God walks me through a process of personal change and improvement. I've underestimated how long it takes to make real, lasting change in a human life, and especially in mine.


II Corinthians 3
    1 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like
some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? 2 You
yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by
everybody. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of
our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living
God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.


I've also underestimated how personal change and growth...even salvation are. The letter that has been written to us...the letter that we are is custom made for our lives and for the part God has designed us to play in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment