Saturday, November 27, 2010

Does God care about my black socks?

A few years back I was in a discussion with a friend of mine that was new to the faith about what in life God really cares about. She asked my opinion and I said I didn't believe that God gave us specific guidance on everything...like what color socks to wear. She said she needed to believe that he cared about even the minutia.

This question's been bopping around my head ever since and I just received some clarity on it...or at least some clarity on my misdirection on the answer.

The sock example...I was rating things big to small...as if God cared about huge things, but not little...kind of like what we human-folk do. But sometimes...I've gotten guidance on little things that seemed little to me, but made all the difference in the purpose he has for me, and put way too much effort (physical, mental, spiritual) into big things (that would be home ownership recently...I don't know how many times he told me not to worry about it and that I can make a decision on my own...it took me forever to really accept that.)

This walk is nothing like I thought it would be. It's much more amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment